Aaron and I have been working on this room since July. And while it is "done", I don't think it will ever really be finished. I am always thinking of something I can add! Throughout the course of this pregnancy we have been absolutely blessed by the generosity of friends and family! Many of their generous, wonderful gifts is what make's Baby P.'s Nursery so adorable. Here you go! (If you want details on where we got all this cool stuff, jump to the bottom!) So, here it is... E's Monsters Inc Nursery!
Here are some details:
- The wall colors are Behr Jazz Blue and Behr Grey. Both colors were available in low-emission, smell-less paint from Home Depot.
- The furniture is the Sorelle Vista Couture collection, and was ordered from Buy Buy Baby. Be sure to order your furniture well in advance! We were told our furniture would take up to 15 weeks to arrive. Even after that, once we had it put together, it took a little while to "air" out.
- Many of our wonderful Monster's Inc. items are available to purchase from Babies R Us. The four piece crib bedding set came with the crib blanket (hanging on the wall), the dust ruffle, a fitted sheet and a diaper stacker. (I don't have the sheet or the diaper stacker in the photo.) Other super awesome items from Babies R Us included the Mike & Sulley adorable lamp, the Sulley Velour Changing Table Cover, the crib bumper, and the embroidered blanket hanging on the crib. And, of course, the super awesome upholstered Mike chair that I am sure little E will love as much as we do!
- The rocking chair was my Mom's rocking chair from when I was a baby. (Yes, it is super old!) The super cute stuffies sitting proudly on the chair were all on clearance from the Disneystore.com.
- The grassy green rugs and chevron-like fitted sheet are both from Target.
- The artwork was all created on GIMP or Inkscape, based on things I saw on the Internet, with the Virserum frames from IKEA.
- That fabulous Mickey Mouse diaper cake was hand-made by my parents and my sister. It will sit proudly on his dresser as we slowly but surely use the diapers it is made from! Each layer is a different size diaper. Isn't that cool!?